Thursday, March 10, 2011

here we go!

I debated on how to start this blog off..... I decided to just stat with something fairy simple, this is my garden. Are you impressed? Haha from the picture directly below it definitely doesn't look like much but when I consider the amount of space we actually get in these cookie cutter homes in Vegas having two boxes feels like a great start for me. I hope to one day get a little more space and add more boxes, but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve so just wait. So here it is the boxes are composite wood that came in a kit I got at Sams Club. I don't know if I would have taken the gardening leap if I hadn't found these boxes. Building them on your own would not be too difficult but it would probably be above my building skills and these were just so easy and ready to go. For those thinking about buying these since they are on the market again this year at Sams Club they aren't a bad buy. They are very easy to put together and do the job but I will say over the years they will need replacing I don't see them holding up for too long. Pictured below is my garden after winter neglect, but keep scrolling


Here it all all gussied up and ready for spring/summer


( notice my garden helper in the background) The fence around it helps to keep my dogs/children out. So there it is blog post number one. As for my plans I plan to keep you updated on my own garden and how it's going but also to concentrate posts on garden tips, certain plants, and other helpful information....at least I hope it is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment