Saturday, April 30, 2011

layout

I thought I give you a layout of my own garden so when i'm talking about things you'll know where i'm talking about. Also to just give you a better idea of what I have and how i've chosen to lay it all out. A few notes about my garden:
My garden is 3.5 ft wide and 7 ft long. My garden has a divider that runs right down the middle to help support the boxes so I end up with .5 ft planing spots on each end.
Some plants like the tomatoes which can be grown one per square ft I decided to give a little extra room just for my sake of keep them maintained and easily harvesting them.
This is just my garden right now things will move around and i'll plant others as the season progresses.
zucchini and squash take up a lot of room! I love eating them so I will always keep them in my garden but they are space hogs so make sure and give them space. I might try trellising them later in the season wait and see.
Don't forget my potatoes are in buckets off to the side of my garden. Not included in this little diagram.
There are so many more things you could grow in this season that I just don't prefer or I run out of room for. So don't look at this and think this is all you could grow. Do a little research or grab one of the books I recommend and see what else might suit your fancy. These are my favorite staples and the crops I consistently will eat all summer long. If only I had more space I could grow a lot more different crops like melons and winter squash and ohh so many others i'd also like to enjoy but for now i'm limited.


No comments:

Post a Comment