Thursday, May 26, 2011

surprises

Sometimes with gardening you get these great little surprises. Last year I planted these two artichoke plants right in my landscaping. I had given my husband the job of digging me a big hole so I could plant the little plants and surround them with good soil instead of the dirt that is las vegas. He didn't really get my idea and they ended up in the ground without much good soil around them. Even still I left them there and just waited. Nothing really happened last year they died back over the winter and I trimmed them down to little nubs. This spring they sprouted right back up and seemed to be growing nicely and then I saw these. Artichokes! I've got five on this one plant. For a girl that grew up in northern California artichokes are a favorite of mine so i'm really excited about this. I have been miracle growing them from time to time to help them along. I must say though i'm still pretty surprised that they are thriving like they are. Just out in my landscape.



No comments:

Post a Comment